|Sixteen Tenets of Faith|
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths.
1. WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God-revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin-ushering in evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation'(accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
6. WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances-(1) Water Baptism by Immersionafter repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion(the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
8. WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is 'Speaking in Tongues,'as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvationand is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
10.WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Missionto seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11.WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers-the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Todayand is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
13.WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope-When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth(the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
14.WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christwhen Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
15.WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Placefor those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16.WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
We will also do the following:
fellowship amomst our pastors and churches.
Turks & Caicos, the Caribbean and the world.
We will strive to stand steadfast in the doctrine o the church of the Lord Jesus in three (3) areas:
our pastors and our churches.
and breaking of bread, and in prayers.
we may be perfectly joined together in the same mind and judgment.
operandi is Theo centric.
breaking of bread, a proyer." Acts 2:42
the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly
joined together in the dame mind and in the same judgement." 1 Cor. 1:1
3. "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them wich case division and offences contrary to
the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them." Rom. 16:17